2 c flour
1 c whole wheat flour
1½ t yeast
¾ c very warm water (about 120°F)
½ c oil, divided
½ t salt
2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
2 T fresh basil, finely chopped (or 2 t dried)
1 T fresh oregano, finely chopped (or 1 t dried)
½ t coarse salt
- Combine dry ingredients; stir in water and ¼ c oil.
- Knead until smooth, 10-15 minutes.
- Cover dough and let rise 1-2 hours, until nearly tripled in size.
- Meanwhile, set tomato slices to marinate in remaining oil and herbs.
- Gently press and stretch dough into 9 x 13 pan sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Press dimples into top of dough using fingertips or a small spoon. Let rise 15-30 minutes more.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Set a shallow pan of water on lowest rack.
- Arrange tomatoes atop focaccia; drizzle with marinade and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake focaccia 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Cut into 24 strips.
Serving Size 2 piece (32 g)
Serving per Recipe 12
|Amount per Serving|
Calories 111 Calories from Fat 4
|Total Fat 0.5g|
Saturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 23.5g
Dietary Fiber 2g