Adam doesn't get off work for another hour, then it's just one hour until the new year. I've sent Rosi to bed, three or four times now, and I'm currently watching the second Baby Signing Time DVD with Ian. He's being cranky and fighting sleep. He's also got molars coming in and he keeps biting me, which is making me cranky.
At least we get to chill out tomorrow. Our big plan is picking up a fruit basket from the local supermarket (that was our "Christmas bonus" from Adam's company). Then we'll come home, eat fruit and popcorn and watch the original trio of Muppet movies.
Wishing everyone a happy and prosperous new year. I'm going to try putting my baby to bed.
Sunday, December 5
My sister tagged me for this meme.
- What time did you get up this morning?
This morning, 4:00 am. Normally, about 9:00.
- How do you like your steak cooked?
Depends on the steak--the better the meat, the rarer I like it. What we can normally afford should be cooked no less than medium-well. I once got a steak at the restaurant at the Chicago Symphony Center and it was really yummy rare.
- What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Uhm ... I think it was Toy Story 3. I was previewing it to see if I should take Rosi, but after watching it, I decided she'd be a bit traumatized.
- What is your favorite TV show?
Sunday Night Football
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Of the places I've visited so far, my favorite is probably Auckland, New Zealand. Otherwise, anyplace where shoes are optional gets high marks.
- What did you have for breakfast?
Soy Live strawberry yogurt
- What is your favorite cuisine?
Overall, probably Italian, but so much of it is stuff I can't eat. Chinese/pan-Asian foods probably have the most variety that I both like and can eat without everything being specially prepared with my dietary restrictions in mind.
- What foods do you dislike?
I'm not a big fan of fish and fishy-tasting things.
- Favorite place to eat?
With friends and family.
- Favorite dressing?
Stove Top? I prefer my salads naked.
- What kind of vehicle do you drive?
- What are your favorite clothes?
Comfortable clothes that don't make me look like I'm wearing my jammies.
- Where would you visit if you had the chance?
Just about anywhere.
- Cup half empty or half full?
Completely full! Half full of water and half of air. I tend toward pessimism in real life though.
- Where would you want to retire?
Someplace warm most of the year, but has some nice snowfall in the winter that I wouldn't be responsible for shoveling or driving through. Mountains and ocean would be a big plus.
- Favorite time of day?
- Where were you born?
- What is your favorite sport to watch?
- Are you satisfied with your life?
- Are you a morning person or a night person?
I'm a middle-of-the-night person.
- Do you have any pets?
Does the baby count? Or all of the imaginary animals my daughter keeps?
- If you only had one day to live, who would you spend it with?
My family, of course
- What did you want to be when you were little?
A movie star, a teacher, a doctor, a lawyer (about in that order)
- What is your best childhood memory?
Playing with my siblings on vacation
- Are you a cat or dog person?
- Are you married?
- Always wear your seat belt?
- Been in a car accident?
Yes, though I was only at fault once when I was 17.
- Any pet peeves?
People expecting to be taken seriously when they don't even bother to check their writing for spelling or grammatical errors.
- Favorite pizza toppings?
Pepperoni, spinach, and pineapple (yes, all together).
- Favorite flower?
- Favorite ice cream?
My favorite real ice cream is Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby, but since I can't eat that anymore, I like Purely Decadent Peanut Butter Zig Zag.
Filed in: Memes