4 strips thick-sliced bacon
1 medium onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 small carrot, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
3 T flour
3 c chicken broth
2 medium potatoes, diced
¾ c corn
¼ t thyme
1/8 t oregano
¼ t salt
1/8 t pepper
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain and crumble, reserving 1 T grease.
- Place onion, celery, and carrot in a saucepan with the reserved bacon grease. Heat at medium-high, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for one minute more.
- Stir in flour until fully absorbed, then add chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes, corn, crumbled bacon, and spices. Reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Eat with a great big smile on your face!