click photo for larger image1 T oil
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (approx. 1 c)
1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped (approx. ½ c)
1 clove garlic, crushed (or 1 t minced)
3 T flour
¼ t each salt and pepper, or to taste
dash of nutmeg
1¾ c vegetable broth
3 c steamed broccoli florets, divided
1 c soymilk
- Sauté onion, celery, and garlic in oil over medium high heat until soft. Add flour and spices.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until flour begins to brown. Add vegetable broth and 1 c broccoli.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until quite thick, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and blend until smooth, adding a bit of the soymilk if it’s too thick to blend.
- Return to pan and add remaining florets and soymilk.
- Heat through and serve.
Serving Size 2/3 c (303 g)
Serving per Recipe 4
|Amount per Serving|
Calories 121 Calories from Fat 43
|Total Fat 5g|
Saturated Fat 0.5g
Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 14.5g
Dietary Fiber 5.5g