Friday, March 20

Four Hundred



Welcome to my 400th blog post!

I apologize for the delay; I was unable to publish for a few days as my computer was recovering from a minor keyboard flood. I've managed to pull back into action an old keyboard I found packed away in a box. I am ecstatic to be able to type spaces again, but I'm finding it a bit tough to get used to the feel of this configuration. It's an old Dell keyboard from the late 1990s and every time I press a key, it clicks. Oddly unnerving.

To celebrate the bits of spring that are starting to appear outside, I designed this navy and pink crocheted purse. I call it "Hints of Pink." In honor of my 400th post, I have decided to give it away to one lucky reader. I am opening this contest to everyone, regardless of location, so those of you who live outside the US may enter as well. Click on any photos to view a larger image.

The purse is worked in the honeycomb stitch, so bits of the crocheted pink lining (right) show though the fabric on the outside. Note: Photos of the whole purse (left and above) were taken with the purse full.

The button is crocheted (far left) from the same pink yarn and can fit in any of three button holes (left). The purse measures approximately 7" high and 8" long, flat. The strap is about 25" from end to end, but will stretch out nearly as far as 36".

How to Enter

Tell me your favorite springtime memory or tradition. You can simply leave a comment on this post for a single entry, however, if you'd prefer to write a post on your own blog and link to this page, you can do that, too, and earn an extra entry for your trouble. Just leave me a second comment with a link to your post. The deadline for entries is this coming Thursday, March 26th at 10:00 PM, CDT.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, thanks for asking..I have a tradition that is more like a way of thinking...but I choose to stop and think about it every year.

    The new life of spring is a visible reminder of the way God brings me through long winters into new greener seasons. It's a tangible reminder of what God is doing. If I'm going through a challenging season in life, it reminds me that spring WILL come! And it always does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part of spring is daffodils. I love them. I love the color and the shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A favorite memory was when I was a child, my grandparents used to hide Easter eggs in their yard for us to hunt. I blogged about it once, in fact--in an older post: http://atahenspace.blogspot.com/2008/10/love-story-last-part.html

    It's about a family movie of me as a 2 yr old, trying to keep an affectionate cat out of my way while I hunted!

    :)

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for entering. Comments for this post are now closed

    ReplyDelete