2 slices of bread, any variety
½ lb bulk sausage
1 small onion
1 c spinach, well packed
1 c milk
1 small potato
½ c shredded or crumbled cheese
- Cut bread into ½” cubes.
- Brown sausage and drain well, reserving 1t grease.
- Dice onion. Cook in reserved grease over medium-high heat until translucent, adding spinach for the last 2-3 minutes.
- Beat together eggs and milk.
- Shred potato into bottom of 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Layer half the spinach, onions, bacon, and bread. Repeat with remaining half.
- Pour egg mixture over layers. Press bread cubes into egg mixture until fully soaked.
- Spread cheese over top of casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350° 50-55 minutes, until center is set and edges are browned.