- Don't wear your Tevas. They collect dirt. This is especially important if you are planning to wear them to church tomorrow.
- The first day you are feeling better after being almost completely out of commission for 10 days is probably not the best time to weed the front flower bed...when you haven't weeded it since you moved in...over a year ago.
- Remember how much worms gross you out? Keep that in mind when you start digging in the dirt. Wear gloves.
- Adam is bigger and stronger than you are. Of course he's going to garden claw faster. Don't try to keep up.
- Gardening clothes are a good idea. Jammies, not so much.
- A big floppy hat is an excellent idea. Barring that, wear sunscreen. Lots of sunscreen. Reapply often. Bright red is not your best look.
- Just because all of your neighbors have pretty flowers doesn't mean you have to compete. Nicely trimmed hedges and the hostas left by the last tenants are lovely all on their own.
- This is supposed to be fun. If you're not having fun, you can always try again another day.
Saturday, May 19
Notes to Self...
If you ever decide to garden again, please take note:
Filed in: Gardening