- Our A/C went on the fritz
- We had to buy a new one, twice (the first time, the credit card company denied the charge because they classified it "unusual activity")
- We applied for financial assistance from our church to pay rent and utility bills
- Adam and I had an argument that took three days to completely resolve
- We got involved in a conflict with some friends that's still not resolved
- Adam fell in the kitchen, breaking a chair and badly bruising his toe
- Someone smashed the back windshield of our car with a rock
- Our daughter got sick last night, vomiting four times (three of those in our bedroom, including once on the bed)
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
(James 1:2-4, NIV)
God, did you have to complete us this week? Wouldn't it have been okay to spread it out over a couple of months or a year? What's the rush? Are You planning to come back soon and didn't think we could wait?