Oven-fried Cheddar Chicken Fingers
2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken (about 4 breasts)
3 c salted baby pretzels
4 oz cheddar cheese, grated or cubed
1 t thyme
¼ t pepper
2 T water
¼ c flour
- Slice chicken into fingers (approx. ½” x 1½”).
- Grind together pretzels, cheese, thyme, and pepper until they resemble coarse bread crumbs. Place in a shallow bowl.
- Beat egg and water in another shallow dish. Pour flour into a third dish.
- Dredge chicken through flour, egg, then pretzel mixture.
- Place fingers ¼" apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 1½ c dry breadcrumbs for baby pretzels
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese for the cheddar cheese
- ½ t oregano for one-half the thyme
- ½ t salt